Welcome back to another school year! My name is Pendora Sumlar and I will be working as the prevention counselor at the Bartlett Ninth Grade Academy. I am very excited to begin another school year at the academy. I will also be working with Mrs. Isaac who will be serving as the academic counselor. As school counselors, we are here to assist with a variety of needs. Please explore my website for various information and resources to assist with your individual needs. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Email: [email protected]
Office Number: 901-373-2654 Ext: 5504
During the second semester, I will be working with a school counseling intern from the University of Tennessee. Please see the attachment below regarding details.
What does a school counselor do?
- Coordinate the comprehensive school counseling program
- Conducts conferences with parents
- Counsels with individuals and/or small groups
- Advises students on academic and career choices
- Assists students in crisis situations
- Helps to identify individual student needs
- Analyzes tests results to provide remediation or enrichment
- Counselors adhere to strict legal and ethical standards int eh performance of these obligations