Sign-Up for Parent/Teacher Conferences here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA9A92AA0FAC61-parent4
💙❤️ Welcome to High School! ❤️💙
I'm looking forward to a great school year with our incoming freshman, class of 2026! I hope that my love of learning, literature, writing, and grammar pours out in a manner that engages all learners so that each may become life-long learners and take ownership of individual personal learning experiences. My ultimate goal is to teach students effective literacy strategies so that each may become stronger readers, writers, listeners, and communicators. Students will be challenged to think critically and work diligently to further their overall learning potential. I strive to maintain a warm, welcoming classroom environment so that all learners feel safe to learn in the manner that best suits them. I encourage students to be their own advocate; this life-skill will help them throughout the rest of their lives. I'm here to instruct, lead, guide, and provide both assistance and support throughout each stage of the learning process. Let's each do our part to ensure that we're collaboratively working to our highest potential so that we may all achieve success!
CANVAS [Online Learning Platform]
The following information will be reviewed in class once all students have received their laptops.
- Online assignment submissions will be made available via Canvas.
- Students must login to Clever to access the Canvas app.
- Once logged into Canvas, students will click on their English 9 course and then be able to access class information, agendas, resources, and other materials.
- Students will also submit assignments online in Canvas if/when it's a digital assignment (rather than a paper assignment).
- Students will click on the specified assignment and upload their work for online student submission if/when applicable.
- Students will also find the calendar feature helpful in keeping up with due dates for all their classes, as well as submit assignments through this feature, as well.
SUMMER READING [Incoming Freshmen]
Information regarding summer reading for incoming freshmen has been linked on the right side column. This book is available at many locations and in many formats; choose which format is best for you! :) In addition to in-class activities, students will take a summer reading assessment within the first week of school. More information will be provided in class on the first day.