Welcome to English 9!
Parent-Teacher Conferences are this Thursday, September 23 from 3:00-6:00pm. Please click on the following link to sign-up: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4EA9A92AA0FAC61-parent1.
Welcome to high school!
I'm looking forward to a great school year with our incoming freshman, class of 2025! I hope that my love of learning, literature, writing, and grammar pours out in a manner that engages all learners so that each may become life-long learners and take ownership of individual personal learning experiences. My ultimate goal is to teach students effective literacy strategies so that each may become stronger readers, writers, listeners, and communicators. Students will be challenged to think critically and work diligently to further their overall learning potential. I strive to maintain a warm, welcoming classroom environment so that all learners feel safe to learn in the manner that best suits them. I encourage students to be their own advocate; this life-skill will help them throughout the rest of their lives. I'm here to instruct, lead, guide, and provide both assistance and support throughout each stage of the learning process. Let's each do our part to ensure that we're collaboratively working to our highest potential so that we may all achieve success!
Ms. Vigus 😊
Class Materials (Daily)
- Folder or 1/2” Binder
- Pencils & Pens [Blue/Black Ink]
- Highlighters [5 Colored Pack]
- Colored Pencils or Markers
- Composition Notebook
- Notebook Paper
- Charged Laptop
Classroom Needs (Optional)
- Clorox Wipes
- Paper (White or Colored)
CANVAS [Online Learning Platform]
The following information will be reviewed in class once all students have received their laptops.
- Online assignment submissions will be made available via Canvas.
- Students must login to Clever to access the Canvas app.
- Once logged into Canvas, students will click on their English 9 course and then click on the Syllabus page
- The Syllabus page is the location for online assignment submissions.
- Students will click on the specified assignment and upload their work for online student submission if/when applicable.